Suryanamaskar | Aanya Wellness | Yoga Video Series | Cure Sedentary Lifestyle
Surya Namaskar, also known as Sun Salutation, is a complete workout for the physical system and for internalising the inner source of energy and aligning the balance among mind, body, and soul. We all know that the sun is the ultimate source of energy in the universe, and not just human life, but the complete ecosystem of the earth is dependent on its life source. As per the Hindu Mythology, we perform Surya Namaskar to express our gratitude towards the origin of life, i.e., the Sun, by practising 12 different postures. There are a plethora of benefits of Surya Namaskar, and some of the most prominent benefits are:
- Surya Namaskar is an excellent remedy for managing blood pressure and it helps maintain cardiovascular health as well, and it also helps to keep the nervous system healthy.
- The 12 postures, act as a complete workout for the body and strengthen the legs, ankles, and feet. It firms the hips, help in getting relief from sciatica and reduces flat feet.
- It is one of the best exercises to lose weight naturally, and it tones the abs and strengthens the musculoskeletal system. Regular practice of the asana, with increased frequency, can really help in weight loss.
- This yoga asana enhances the circulation of blood and oxygen to skin and hair, helping you to look young and fit.
- Apart from physical benefits, this asana provides calmness to the mind and helps relieve stress.
- It also stretches the muscles, strengthens the body, and boosts fitness levels of the body, giving holistic impact on the body.
- The alternate stretching and compression of the abdominal organs help the digestive fire to get activated which helps get rid of constipation and other stomach problems.
There are many more benefits that Surya Namaskar has to offer, but you won't be able to enjoy any of these until you experience it on your own. Why don't you practice the asana, and share your experience with us in the comments below?